Requirements for Admission
Applications for admission are accepted in fall, spring, and summer. The application and instructions for admission to UNC Charlotte as a graduate student are available from the Graduate Admissions website.
A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university and:
- Competitive GMAT/GRE score
- Overall undergraduate grade point average of at least a 3.0 (based on a 4.0 scale)
- Undergraduate coursework in; Calculus, Econometrics (or equivalent), Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory, Intermediate Microeconomic Theory
Completed application submitted online through the Graduate School’s application system including:
- Statement of purpose (essay) submitted online as part of the application submission process
- Three letters of recommendation
- Upload transcript(s) of all academic work attempted beyond high school
- Official GRE or GMAT scores with emphasis placed on the quantitative portion
For International Applicants
In addition to all of the requirements listed above, students must submit:
An official TOEFL or IELTS score. For the TOEFL a minimum score of 557 paper-based or 83 internet-based. For the IELTS a minimum overall band score of 6.5
International applicants should refer to the International Admissions website for deadlines and additional admissions information.
Financial Assistance & Graduate Assistantships
Several graduate assistantships are available each year. Priority will be given to applications received by March 1 for fall admission and October 1 for spring admission.